On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for Hawaii ranks 23rd in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 Census Bureau: 10.1 percent of people in Kilauea identified as multi-racial in 2018
- 2 Construction started on West US multi-family homes in December increases over previous month
- 3 Apparel, piece goods and notions wholesalers report 3.8 percent increase in year-over-year December sales
- 4 Grocery and related products wholesalers report 4.5 percent increase in year-over-year December sales
- 5 Shipments of pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing climb 2.5 percent in August
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Hawaii Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.