On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for Hawaii ranks 23rd in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 Shipments of furniture and related products climb 0.5 percent in June
- 2 U.S. couriers and messengers services report $24.7 billion in revenue for Q1 2019
- 3 Unfilled orders of metalworking machinery manufacturing fall 2.4 percent in April
- 4 64.8 percent of people 25 or older had an associate's degree or higher in East Honolulu, Hawaii
- 5 Analysis: 10.9% of Hawaii residents enrolled in food stamp program in April
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Hawaii Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.